The CA State Water Board will be convening an Agricultural Expert Panel Public Meeting & Solicitation of Public Comments on Friday, May 9, 2014 in Sacramento.
The role of the Expert Panel is to:
• Review the Water Boards’ Irrigated Lands Regulatory Program.
• Evaluate ongoing agricultural control measures that address nitrate in
groundwater and surface water.
• Evaluate and address other risks to water quality posed by agricultural practices.
• Address questions posed by the State Water Board in its order regarding the
petitions of the Central Coast Water Board.
• Address questions developed by an Advisory Committee, other agencies and the
public as approved by the State Water Board.
• Propose new agricultural control measures, if necessary.
• Hold meetings with the Advisory Committee as necessary.
• Conduct three public meetings to take public comment.
• Prepare a Final Report on the findings and a summary of project discoveries and
The State Water Board will accept written comments and remarks for the Expert Panel's consideration. The deadline for comments in 12:00 PM, Wednesday, May 14, 2014.
1001 I St
Sacramento, CA 95814
Google map and directions