We've accomplished a lot together this past year, and the Awards are an opportunity for us to honor key partners in the movement for water justice. We hope you'll join us to honor:
- Water Justice Lifetime Achievement Award: Jesus Quevedo, Asociación de Gente Unida por el Agua (AGUA Coalition)
- Youth Leadership Award: Joanna Mendoza, Youth for AGUA
- Legislative Champion Award: Assemblymember Anthony Rendon
- Legislative Champion Award: Senator Fran Pavley
- Human Right to Water Achievement Award: Martha Guzman-Aceves, Governor Brown's Office
- Water Justice Advocacy Award: Jennifer Clary, Clean Water Action / Clean Water Fund
Felicia Marcus, Chair of the State Water Board, will provide introductory remarks and emcee the evening. Tickets include special Coa Room appetizers, a drink and a donation to support CWC's ongoing work for water justice.
WHEN: February 17, 2015 at 5:30pm - 7pm
WHERE: Mayahuel, 1200 K Street, Sacramento, CA, 95814
CONTACT: Jenny Rempel · firstname.lastname@example.org · (916) 706-3346
Special thanks to our event sponsors and host committee!
Premier Event Sponsors: California Association of Mutual Water Companies; Environmental Defense Fund; Natural Resources Defense Council; Teamsters Joint Council 7; Sierra Health Foundation. Water Justice Activist Sponsors: Adan Ortega Associates, Inc.; Rural Community Assistance Corporation. Drinking Water Advocate Sponsors: Sierra Club California; Hernandez Strategy Group; California League of Conservation Voters; Environment Now; The Nature Conservancy. Table Sponsors: Soluri Meserve; Ecoconsult; Clean Tech Associates; David Corey; Simmons Hanly Conroy, LLC.; Miriam Gordon.
Host Committee: AGUA Coalition; Andrew Fahlund, California Water Foundation; Arsenio Mataka, California Environmental Protection Agency; Colin Bailey, Environmental Justice Coalition for Water; Paul Towers, Pesticide Action Network North America; and Phoebe Seaton, Leadership Counsel for Justice and Accountability (Organizations listed for identification purposes only.)