Community Water Center (CWC) is seeking an experienced New Media Communications & Fund Development Coordinator who is passionate for social and environmental justice and experienced in communications and non-profit development.
At CWC, we believe safe drinking water is a basic human right, not a privilege. Our mission is to act as a catalyst for community-driven water solutions through organizing, education, and advocacy. We seek to build and enhance the leadership capacity and power of local communities around water issues, create a regional movement for water justice in the Central Valley, and enable every community to have access to safe, clean, and affordable drinking water.
The New Media Communications & Fund Development Coordinator will be a key member of CWC principally responsible for developing and implementing CWC's communication and fund development strategies and activities in support of the organization's mission. This is an exempt, full-time position with a competitive salary based in either Visalia or Sacramento.
New Media Communications
• Develop and implement CWC’s external communications strategies including monthly eNewsletters, social media engagement via Facebook and Twitter, website updates, and online email lists.
• Provide editorial oversight over CWC’s communications materials including fact sheets, publications, whitepapers, press releases, etc.
• Develop content for multi-channel communications including videos, photos, and new media tools.
• Lead development of and maintain external communications plans and guidelines for social media, website, etc.
• Maintain all tracking and evaluation processes for fund development and communications efforts including development of quarterly and annual reports.
• Design and create publicity and resource materials such as posters, fact sheets, petitions, etc.
• Maintain the functionality of the website and work with staff to regularly add new content, update pages, and generally keep the website up to date with our current work and available resources.
• Work with our partners to develop and carry out joint educational programs, advocacy events, etc.
• Implement fund development activities including:
o Draft and oversee implementation of donor communications, eNewsletters, online appeals, thank you notes, etc.
o Development of House Parties (small regional donor benefit events) in the Bay Area, Sacramento, and Los Angeles area.
o Work with board members to support board fundraising.
o Coordinate monthly giving circles, social fundraising efforts, etc.
o Support grant writing efforts including supporting the drafting and submittal of grant proposals and reports.
• Manage CWC’s reporting systems in order to develop communications for multiple audiences regarding CWC’s work and impact.
• Lead development, tracking, and evaluation of an annual fund development work plan including:
o updating processes to regularly engage and communicate with donors,
o updating process for new donor outreach, and
o updating process for tracking donor activities.
General Agency Duties
• Support CWC core values and practices in order to foster an environment that promotes trust and cooperation amongst staff, management, community members, and affiliate organizations.
• Attend staff, management, and program meetings and staff retreats.
• Actively participate in CWC activities such as donor drives and fundraising events.
• Other duties as assigned by the Co-Executive Directors.
Note: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
• Commitment to social justice and CWC’s mission;
• Willingness to learn more about CWC’s programs, model of change, and the water justice movement, and the ability to effectively communicate our mission and work;
• Experience in communications and non-profit fund development;
• Excellent written communications and editing skills for multiple audiences and media (e.g., eNewsletters, social media, website, whitepapers, annual reports, etc.);
• Strong new media software skills and ability to learn new communications software and technology applications quickly, including Nationbuilder , Creative Suite 6 Software (Illustrator & Photoshop), google apps, MS Office, etc.;
• CRM database management experience and understanding of audience targeting strategies;
• Excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative work style;
• Outstanding organizational skills;
• Excels at operating in a fast pace, community-oriented environment;
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize assignments;
• Ability to work effectively with diverse organizations, groups, and individuals serving CWC communities; and
• Ability to travel to areas throughout California, including impacted communities in the San Joaquin Valley.
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
• Bilingual (Spanish – English);
• Website design & basic HTML coding;
• Strong digital photography and video editing skills; and
• Grant writing and reporting experience.
• Ability to be detail oriented and think analytically, creatively, and critically;
• Ability to sit and work in front of a computer for an extended period of time; and
• Familiarity with and ability to use the Internet, computers, photocopiers, fax machines, and telephones, as well as communications and new media software.
To apply, email resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes: medical, dental, and vision insurance; generous vacation, family, and sick leave, and holiday policies; flexible work schedule; professional development opportunities and more! (Benefits guidelines and eligibility vary based on tenure and employment status, among other factors.)
Community Water Center is committed to providing equal opportunity to qualified job applicants and employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability (including pregnancy), mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
For the full job description, please click HERE.