Groundwater Sustainability Plan Workshop
June 24, 10 - 2:30 @ Cafe 210 in Visalia
Join us for an encore repeat of our free, half-day workshop on Groundwater Sustainability Plans featuring experts from the Union of Concerned Scientists, a national science organization. Required under the new Sustainable Groundwater Management Act, or SGMA, Groundwater Sustainability Plans are crucial to ensuring safe and affordable drinking water for your community long into the future. As a representative of a small water system, your voice is important in the SGMA process, and we want to help make sure you have the tools and information you need to participate fully. This workshop is designed for small drinking water systems in the Central Valley and will help prepare directors and staff to actively participate in Groundwater Sustainability Plan (GSP) development in your area. The workshop will cover:
- What is a GSP and why is it important for your community?
- How does the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) define “sustainability” and how will it be measured?
- What is a water budget and what can it tell you?
- What can a groundwater model do, what can’t it do?
- What kind of questions should you ask consultants?
Space is limited! RSVP today
210 W Center Ave
Visalia, CA 93291
Google map and directions