Title: Program Associate
Organization: Community Water Center
Location: Sacramento, CA
The Community Water Center (CWC) acts as a catalyst for community-driven water solutions through organizing, education, and advocacy in California. We seek to build and enhance leadership capacity and local community power in low-income communities of color on drinking water issues, create a movement for water justice in the California, and enable every community to have access to safe, clean, and affordable drinking water.
At CWC, we believe that safe, clean, and affordable water is a human right, not a privilege. Our organizing and advocacy work, community collaborations, and organizational culture all reflect a concern for equity, mutual respect, appreciation for diversity, and environmental and social justice. We are looking for candidates who share our values, who bring a willingness to contribute to our mission and to the growth of our organization, and who are open to developing their skills.
The Program Associate is primarily responsible for providing organizational, communications, fund development and other programmatic support based in the Sacramento office. This position reports to the Communications Manager and will also work closely with the Director of Strategic Partnerships, other CWC personnel, independent contractors, allies and vendors. This is a regular, exempt, full-time, salary position.
Support CWC’s internal systems and organizational development efforts including:
- Database management, analysis, maintenance, coordination of data entry, data analysis and preparation of reports, impact tracking, communication with supporters using database software
- Supporting the optimization of internal systems such as NationBuilder, Asana, Google Drive and other systems as needed
- Coordinate, implement and expand online communications work, including updates and maintenance to CWC’s website and social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, and Flickr
- Manage and maintain CWC’s text list of impacted community residents and provide updates to this list as needed
- Support CWC’s fund development efforts including events, individual donors, grant proposals and reporting and other efforts as needed.
- Provide some day-to-day administrative coordination for the Sacramento office, including checking mail, answering phones, getting supplies, setting up equipment, maintaining office organization, etc.
- Foster an environment that promotes trust and cooperation amongst CWC staff, community members, and affiliate organizations.
- Actively participate in program strategy meetings as appropriate and staff meetings.
- Actively participate in CWC fund development activities, such as donor drives, online appeals, and other events
- Other duties as assigned by the Communications Manager, Director of Strategic Partnerships and Executive Director.
- Fluent in Spanish (written and oral)
- Excellent communication skills, typing, good organizational skills and willingness to learn new programs (Expensify, Ebillity, Carbonite, google drive, bill.com).
- Familiar with social media including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Strong passion for and commitment to social and environmental justice
- Strong interpersonal verbal communication, writing, and presentation skills, with sensitivity to appropriate delivery depending on target and audience
- Outstanding organizational skills with demonstrated ability to plan and execute a complex project involving multiple actors
- Strong creative and comprehensive problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines
- Ability to work with and inspire diverse communities and age groups
- Ability to accept praise and critical feedback – the ideal candidate would value self-improvement and seek evaluation
- Bachelors and/or graduate degree in environmental studies, sociology, public policy, community development or related fields
- Experience working with low-income communities and/or communities of color in an organizing or service capacity
- Experience with database management (NationBuilder experience is a bonus!)
Starting Date: Open until filled
Salary: Competitive based on experience.
Application Process: To apply please submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com. Write “PA position -- [Your name]” in the email subject line
Community Water Center is committed to providing equal opportunity to qualified job applicants and employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability (including pregnancy), mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To learn more about the Community Water Center and our programs, visit our website at www.communitywatercenter.org