Title: Program Associate
Organization: Community Water Center
Location: Visalia, CA
The Community Water Center (CWC) acts as a catalyst for community-driven water solutions through organizing, education, and advocacy. We seek to build and enhance leadership capacity and local community power around water issues, create a regional movement for water justice in the California, and enable every community to have access to safe, clean, and affordable drinking water.
At CWC, we believe that safe, clean, and affordable water is a human right, not a privilege. Our organizing and advocacy work, community collaborations, and organizational culture all reflect a concern for equity, mutual respect, appreciation for diversity, and environmental and social justice. We are looking for candidates who share our values, who bring a willingness to contribute to our mission and to the growth of a new organization, and who are open to developing their skills.
The Program Associate is primarily responsible for providing administrative, clerical and program assistance to support the organization’s internal systems. This position will be based in the Visalia office. This position reports to the Director of Operations and will also work closely with other CWC personnel, independent contractors, allies and vendors.
The Program Associate opportunity is a full-time position, regular, non-exempt, hourly, employee position based out of the Visalia office. The hourly range for this position is $20 - $25 per hour.
Major Responsibilities are to assist with the following:
- Accounts payable/receivable
- Month-end data
- Coordination of audit/tax/lobbying reports
- Employee recruitment/onboarding
- Asset tracking
- Expense management
- Multi-facilities management
- Maintain overall appearance of the office and answer the phone
- Travel logistics
- Equipment maintenance including company vehicle
- Technical troubleshooting
- Procure office supplies
- General sorting, scanning, copying, exporting, tracking and documenting activities
- Foster an environment that promotes trust and cooperation amongst CWC staff, community members, and affiliate organizations.
- Actively participate in program strategy and staff meetings.
- Actively participate in CWC fund development activities, such as donor drives, online appeals, and other events
- Other duties assigned
- Fluent in Spanish (written and oral)
- Excellent communication, typing, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, be flexible and adapt to changing circumstances
- Ability to accept praise and feedback
- Willingness to learn new programs and develop new skills
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google drive/calendar/email
- 1-2 recent year(s) experience with Quickbooks program
- 1-2 recent year(s) experience in admin/bookkeeping
To apply please submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com
Write “PA position -- [Your name]” in the email subject line
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package which includes: medical, dental, and vision insurance; vacation, and sick leave, and holiday policies; professional development opportunities and more. (Benefits guidelines and eligibility vary based on tenure and employment status, among other factors.) We also provide contributions to employees’ SEP-IRA after a two-year tenure.
Community Water Center is committed to providing equal opportunity to qualified job applicants and employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability (including pregnancy), mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To learn more about the Community Water Center and our programs, visit our website at