Title: Program Associate
Organization: Community Water Center
Location: Visalia, CA
Community Water Center (CWC) acts as a catalyst for community-driven water solutions through organizing, education, and advocacy. We seek to build and enhance leadership capacity and local community power around water issues, create a statewide movement for water justice alongside low-income communities and communities of color who do not have access to safe, clean and affordable water. CWC’s vision is for all communities to have access safe, clean, and affordable water. Community Water Center also currently has offices in Watsonville and Sacramento.
At CWC, we believe that safe, clean, and affordable water is a human right, not a privilege. Our organizing and advocacy work, community collaborations, and organizational culture all reflect a concern for equity, mutual respect, appreciation for diversity, and environmental and social justice. We are looking for candidates who share our values, who bring a willingness to contribute to our mission and to the growth of a new organization, and who are open to developing their skills.
The Program Associate is primarily responsible for providing clerical and program support from the Visalia office. This position reports to the Director of Operations and will also work closely with other CWC personnel, independent contractors, allies and vendors.
The Program Associate opportunity can be part-time or full-time position, regular, non-exempt, hourly, employee position based out of the Visalia office. The hourly rate for this position is $15.00.
Major Responsibilities are to assist with the following duties in order to support the internal systems and organizational development efforts:
- Clerical: sorting, scanning, copying, exporting, tracking and documenting activities
- Telephone support
- Accounts payable/receivable
- Travel logistics
- Equipment maintenance including vehicle
- Facilities support
- Technical troubleshooting of equipment and software
- Procure office supplies
- Office and community meeting set-up and takedowns
- Some phone outreach
- Coordinating community members activities
- Foster an environment that promotes trust and cooperation amongst CWC staff, community members, and affiliate organizations.
- Actively participate in program strategy and staff meetings.
- Actively participate in CWC fund development activities, such as donor drives, online appeals, and other events
- Other duties assigned
- Fluent in Spanish (written and oral)
- Proficient in MS computer
- Excellent communication skills, typing, good organizational skills and willingness to learn new programs (Expensify, Ebillity, Carbonite, google drive, bill.com).
- Familiar with Quickbooks program
- Be familiar with administrative business duties
Starting Date: Open until filled
To apply please submit a letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Write “PA position -- [Your name]” in the email subject line
Community Water Center is committed to providing equal opportunity to qualified job applicants and employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability (including pregnancy), mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To learn more about the Community Water Center and our programs, visit our website at