Title: Program Associate
Organization: Community Water Center
Location: Sacramento, CA
The Community Water Center (CWC) acts as a catalyst for community-driven water solutions through organizing, education, and advocacy. We seek to build and enhance leadership capacity and local community power around water issues, create a regional movement for water justice in the San Joaquin Valley, and enable every community to have access to safe, clean, and affordable drinking water.
At CWC, we believe that safe, clean, and affordable water is a human right, not a privilege. Our organizing and advocacy work, community collaborations, and organizational culture all reflect a concern for equity, mutual respect, appreciation for diversity, and environmental and social justice. We are looking for candidates who share our values, who bring a willingness to contribute to our mission and to the growth of a new organization, and who are open to developing their skills.
The Program Associate is primarily responsible for providing organizational, fund development and communications, and other policy and program support from the Sacramento Office. This position reports to the Communications Manager and will also work closely with other CWC personnel, independent contractors, allies and vendors.
The Program Associate opportunity can part-time or full time position, regular, non-exempt, hourly, employee position based out of the Sacramento office. The hourly rate for this position is $15.00. It is expected that the position will work approximately 20 hours per week as a part time employee or 37.5-40 hours per week for full time employee, but exact duration will differ depending on need.
- Office support including answering phones, scheduling meetings, event and travel support and coordination, facilities support, troubleshooting equipment and software issues, ordering office supplies, clerical support and other duties as assigned.
- Create and support implementation of bilingual communications content to be used across email, website, text and social media (blog posts, graphics), including providing written translation of materials
- Supporting the optimization of internal systems such as Asana, Google drive and other platforms as needed
- Support the tracking and reporting of CWC’s activities for internal evaluation, grants reports and contractual obligations
- Data entry and database management
- Foster an environment that promotes trust and cooperation amongst CWC staff, community members, and affiliate organizations.
- Actively participate in program strategy and staff meetings.
- Actively participate in CWC fund development activities, such as donor drives, online appeals, and other events
- Other duties assigned
- Fluent in Spanish (written and oral)
- Proficient in Microsoft and Google Office Suites
- Excellent communication skills, typing, good organizational skills and willingness to learn new programs (Expensify, Ebillity, Carbonite, bill.com).
- Familiar with communications social networks and softwares (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Canva, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop)
- Proven ability to work in a collaborative, fast-paced office environment and meet deadlines
- Experience working with low-income communities and/or communities of color
- Strong passion for and commitment to social and environmental justice.
- Ability to accept praise and critical feedback – the ideal candidate would value self- improvement and seek evaluation.
Desired starting date: June 2018
Salary: Competitive, based on experience
To apply please submit a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com
Write “PA position -- [Your name]” in the email subject line
Community Water Center is committed to providing equal opportunity to qualified job applicants and employees and does not discriminate on the basis of race, religious creed, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability (including pregnancy), mental disability, medical condition, marital status, sex, age, gender, sexual orientation, citizenship, military service status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
To learn more about the Community Water Center and our programs, visit our website at