Community Water Center has been working diligently to help educate stakeholders about the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA) of 2014. Working with partners throughout the valley we have hosted a series of workshops for regional stakeholders and have also visited many of our local water boards to conduct individual informational sessions. If you are interested in learning more about SGMA implementation, or want to get involved, contact Adriana Renteria at (559) 733-0219.
SGMA overview (bilingual/bilingüe)
SGMA FAQ (bilingual/bilingüe)
Understanding the Sustainable Groundwater Management Act Presentation (bilingual/bilingüe)
- Map handout – Groundwater basins in Fresno, Kings, Kern and Tulare Counties (bilingual/bilingüe)
- Collaborating for Success: Stakeholder Engagement for Sustainable Groundwater Management Act Implementation, CWC, Clean Water Fund, & Union of Concerned Scientists
- SGMA resources/links
- Getting Involved in Groundwater: A Guide to California's Sustainability Plans, CWC & Union of Concerned Scientists
- Participe en el manejo de su cuenca: Guía para entender los planes de sustentabilidad de aguas subterráneas de California, CWC & Union of Concerned Scientists
- Groundwater Quality in SGMA Roundtable Materials
- Groundwater Sustainability Plans Workshop Materials
Also check out this Groundwater Management Technical Assistance Tool developed by our friends at the Union of Concerned Scientists !